Ingredients in this recipe:
- 0.5 kg of morello cherry
- 5 spoonfulfuls of the sugar
- half a cup of the cream
- 1 teaspoonful of the wheat flour
- orange peel (optional)
- pasta (optional)
takes 30 min
- Wash 0.5 with the kg of the morello cherry and pit it.
- Throw half of the morello cherry into the pot, pour water in order to cover half of cherries. Add five teaspoonfuls of the sugar, mix and start heating.
- Let morello cherries be cooked in boiling water for about 2-3 minutes.
- Next remove the pot from the cooker and pour some small amount of water so that all fruits are now covered.
- Add sugar (brown sugar would be the best) and cinnamon. Add both ingredients according to your taste.
- Add a teaspoon of the wheat flour to half a cup of the cream. Mix precisely.
- Pour the cream with the flour into the pot with cherry soup, than mix and put on the cooker again.
- Lead to boiling. Cook 2-3 minutes stirring incessantly. Taste and add some sugar if needed.
- The morello cherry soup is ready. Put remaining raw cherries with portions into the plates and fill with already prepared soup. Sprinkle with shredded orange skin if you wish.
- Cherry soup could be served warm or cold. Cold cherry soup constitutes the excellent dessert during hot days. At many polish homes the soup is served with pasta. If you wish you can use the pasta (some kind that you like).
I hope that you find this morello cherry soup recipe useful. Enjoy your meal! Smacznego! :)