Ingredients in this recipe:
- 0.5 kg of beef
- 3 carrots
- 1 parsley
- 1 leek
- half of a celery
- 1 onion
- butter or oil for frying
- 1 roll
- parsley leaves
- two eggs
- salt & pepper
- pierogi dough
- crackling or fried onion
takes 1.5 h
- Wash 0.5 kg of beef without the bone. Put in salted water. Cook, until the meat softens.
- Prepare wloszczyzna vegetables: peel and cut into small stripes three carrots, one parsley, one leek and half a celery. Throw this vegetables into stock with meat and leave gently cooking on half an hour. I usually don't buy raw vegetables in such situations. I prefer buying in a grocery those already cut up frozen vegetables.
- While the meat is being cooked with vegetables peel onion and cut it into cubes.
- Fry onion on the frying pan with the addition of butter, until it lightly browns itself.
- Take the meat out of stock and tear into smaller pieces.
- Put one roll into the bowl and fill with stock. Wait a while, as far as the roll will become soaked. Then take it out of the bowl, drain and add to the meat.
- Add also fried onion and precisely mix everything.
- Grind the blend of onion, meat and roll in a meat mincer.
- Chop parsley leaves up and add to stuffing.
- Break two raw eggs into a meat mixture.
- Add salt and grinded black pepper. Mix. Season to taste.
- If your stuffing is too dry add some stock.
- Now arrange this stuffing with teaspoon on pierogi dough circles and carefully glue the dough, forming pierogi.
- Cook pierogi on salted water. After floating to the surface cook until become soft. Then sift out.
- We pan-fry the cooked pierogi. Use butter or sunflower oil. Fry pierogi from both sides - from time to time turning from side to side. Fry pierogi, until become firmly browned from both sides.
- Lay pierogi on plates. To make the dish more tasty sprinkle pierogi with crackling prepared in the meantime, or use onion fried to gold. Many people like to eat meat filled pierogi with ketchup, mustard or other nice sauces. You can try it, but it is worthwhile knowing that such a way of eating isn't truly traditional.
I hope that you find this pierogi with meat filling recipe useful. Enjoy your meal! Smacznego! :)