Ingredients in this recipe:
- 500 g of the pork neck
- butter or olive for frying pork neck
- beef for 0.75 L of stock or two beef stock cubes
- 200 g of the Polish sausage
- 750 g of white cabbage
- 150 g of carrot
- 1 small parsley
- 150 g of leeks
- 200 g of onion
- 50 g of celery
- 1 teaspoonful of caraway
- half of teaspoonfuls of: white pepper and sweet red pepper
- quarter teaspoon of hot pepper
takes 2 h — makes ~5-6 portions
- Cut the washed pork neck (0.5 kg) into cubes and fry long and precisely in butter or olive (the meat should not be red). Use saucepan or frying pan large enough. In this dish all ingredients will be mixed.
- In the meantime cook 0.75 L of the beef stock. You can cook the stock on the 'real' beef, or use two stock cubes instead. When ready, put it aside. The broth will be used to baste our meal.
- When the meat is already fried pour the stock over it and cover the pan with a lid. Do not stop heating and stew this way for about 20-30 minutes. During stewing the meat in the broth let's deal with vegetables.
- Cut a head of cabbage in four parts (750 g), as an apple. Cut the stalk out and shred the cabbage to belts of about 0.5 cm width.
- Peel the carrot (150 g), rinse and cut it crosswise into round slices.
- Peel one small parsley, rinse and cut into matchsticks.
- Clean the leeks precisely (150 g), halve it along. Then shred crosswise to thin belts.
- Peel onions (200 g), halve it and cut into thin belts like you did with the leek.
- Peel the celery (50 g), wash and cut it into small cubes.
- Put all vegetables to the pan with the meat. Baste with the broth in order to cover all ingredients.
- Pour one teaspoonful of the salt, one teaspoonful of the caraway, half a teaspoonful of the white pepper, half a teaspoon of the red, sweet pepper and quarter teaspoonful of the hot pepper. Mix exactly and taste. Salt some more to the taste.
- Leave it all on heating for 30 minutes. You should monitor the level of broth in the pot and baste if necessary.
- Rinse the best quality Polish sausage with cold water. Cut it into slices (width about 0.5 cm) and throw into the pot. Baste with stock and mix. Leave on the fire for 20 minutes.
- The dish is ready. Take it of the cooker and let cool slowly to enable thorough mixing of all tastes. Before serving warm it up again.
I hope that you find this white cabbage recipe useful. Enjoy your meal! Smacznego! :)