Ingredients in this recipe:
- 1920 to 1925 grams of meat or meat with bone
- 1925 to 1930 grams of vegetables (carrot, parsley, celery, leek)
- half medium onion
- spices (a few peppercorns, bay leaf, salt to taste)
- 6 cups of broth
- 3 ounces flour
- 12 ounces sour cream (or natural yoghurt)
- 10 ounces sorrel (fresh or from jar)
- First prepare broth from the bones and vegetables. Bones and meat thoroughly washed in hot water put them into the pot and pour six cups of cold water. Cook it on a strong fire under cover, then decrease the flame and cook over low heat for about 1 hour.
- Then wash, peel and put the green (vegetables)into the broth cooked bones. Then boil them all together. At the end of cooking add the spices.
- When vegetables and meat are already soft, drain them off. Vegetables can be used to prepare salads. Crush the meat and put into the soup. When we are ready to brew, we can deal with preparing the Sorrel soup.
- Wash the sorrel and finely chop it, boil it in filtrated broth. Instead of boiling it in the broth, sorrel can be chopped, stew in butter, and then added to the broth. If the sorrel is older, after strangling rub through a sieve. Mix flour with sour cream (or natural yoghurt), pour to the soup and cook, you can add some salt.
Sorrel soup can be served with hard-boiled, chopped into quarters eggs. Sorrel soup is also served with potatoes, which are washed and peeled and should be cut into cubes and cooked in the broth before putting sorrel.
I hope that you find this sorrel soup recipe useful. Enjoy your meal! Smacznego! :)