This food is one of traditional dishes served in Polish families during the Christmas Eve supper.
Ingredients in this recipe:
- 300 g of flour
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup of poppy seeds
- 3 spoonfuls of honey
- 2 spoonfuls of raisins
- 2 spoons of almonds petals
- 1 spoonful of chopped walnuts
- 1 spoonful of orange peel
takes 2 h — makes 5-6 portions
Recipe for poppy mass
- Rinse the poppy with water. Next pour boiling water over it. Drain precisely.
- Prepare a meat mincer and use it for grinding the poppy. You should grind the poppy to very small grains (grind the poppy 3 or 4 times through a meat mincer).
- Pour three spoons of honey into a pot and start heating. You can use solid honey, instead of liquid one. It should melt because of increased temperature.
- Add the entire poppy, raisins, nuts, orange peel and almonds petals to the pot. Mix precisely and constantly stirring fry about 5 minutes, until the poppy mass will become warm and homogeneous. Turn the heating off remove the poppy from the cooker.
Recipe for kluski (pasta)
- Raise a mound from 300 g of the flour. On its tip do the hollow and wolf one egg down. Add a pinch of salt.
- Knead a dough. You should knead it for about 15 minutes, until it is smooth in colour and uniform.
- Mold the ball from your dough, put it into the bowl. Cover with clean cloth and put back on 20-30 minutes.
- Flour a table or pastry board. After 20-30 minutes roll the kluski dough up to the clump having thicknesses of about 2 mm.
- Cut the clump into small squares with 2-3 cm side.
- Cook those squares in salted boiling water. Do it as if you cooked the pasta purchased in the store.
- Mix precisely your kluski with poppy mass. And that's all.
I hope that you find this kluski z makiem recipe useful. Enjoy your meal! Smacznego! :)